Direct Effect Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A fix is coming..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

Number of posts : 3279
Registration date : 2007-01-05

A fix is coming.. Empty
PostSubject: A fix is coming..   A fix is coming.. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:54 pm

found this http://www.ps3vault.com/call-of-duty-4-online-fix-coming-2572

"For anybody who has tried to play COD 4 online these past few weeks, it has been more frustrating than being a one legged man at an a** kicking contest. The online network, run by Activision under the name DemonWare has been as effective as the Learning Center’s latest class offering - “How to Marry for a Lifetime by Elizabeth Taylor”. It has at times completely prevented players from finding matches or even engage in private matches with friends. When it does “appear” to be working, you can sit in the lobby for what seems like an eternity, waiting for other players to show up.

Well, the folks at InfinityWard (who do not run the network) and Activision (who does) claim to be working on the problem. The network has been sporadically repaired over the past couple weeks but then proceeds to go south a few days or even hours later. So what’s a gamer obsessed with getting his 100th head shot with a sniper’s rifle to do?! Well, wait a few more days writes user FourZeroTwo on the Infinity Ward forums. FourZeroTwo appears to be a staff member who, in a dramatic break from corporate tradition, seems to feel the customers’ pain and genuinely want to help. Of course it probably wasn’t too bright when he mentioned that the engineers who would be working on the problem wouldn’t be starting until Monday, January 7th because that was when they came back from vacation. Gee, I would hate for one of them to come home early from Graceland just so me and the hundreds of thousands of other players who shelled out $60 could actually use the game as advertised.

I’ll be one of the first trying out the network and will keep you updated. Please add your experiences below. Also, while this certainly is not as serious as, say, the collapse of the telecommunications infrastructure, just how seriously do you take it when you can’t play a game online as advertised? Rant away, just please keep it clean…"
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

Number of posts : 3279

A fix is coming.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fix is coming..   A fix is coming.. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:58 pm

Apparently there JUST starting to work on the patch today.. so hopefully within a week or so?
Back to top Go down
Ebbs
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Ebbs

Number of posts : 1515
Registration date : 2007-03-06

A fix is coming.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fix is coming..   A fix is coming.. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Fucking hippies. They ruin everything.
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

Number of posts : 1358

A fix is coming.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fix is coming..   A fix is coming.. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:11 pm

SPER wrote:
Apparently there JUST starting to work on the patch today.. so hopefully within a week or so?
No, that's the servers he is talking about which Demonware is responsible for. The patch is in the hands of Infinity Ward which is supposedly to be implemented by the end of the month. I know that the patch did not pass certification by microsoft for the 360 version so that is still being worked on as far as the PS3 version I haven't heard anything. I would expect the servers to be fixed before the patch is implemented which I doubt has been finalized at this point.
Back to top Go down
CA5HMONEY
CashieMoto
CA5HMONEY

Number of posts : 1823

A fix is coming.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fix is coming..   A fix is coming.. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:01 pm

I want the 360 one. I mean its not like a NEED NOW thing, but i cant wait for the scopes.
Back to top Go down
http://directeffect.tk
Sponsored content

A fix is coming.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fix is coming..   A fix is coming.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A fix is coming..
Page 1 of 1