Direct Effect Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Socom vs. CoD

Go down 
+2
GetFuecked
audioSLAVE_1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

Number of posts : 1358
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:25 am

I thought this was an interesting thread at the CharlieOscarDelta site. There is also talk about Confrontation coming out Feb 29.

http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=96406&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top Go down
GetFuecked
The "Ima kick you if you don't listen" Leader

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:19 pm

members only
Back to top Go down
Ebbs
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Ebbs

Number of posts : 1515
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:01 pm

COD is ok, it's just not socom. Respawn is fun but not as strategic for me.
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

Number of posts : 3279

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 4:40 pm

-DeFiNeD wrote:
COD is ok, it's just not socom. Respawn is fun but not as strategic for me.
then play search and destroy, play headquarters, domination, sabatoge all of those are strategic modes..
Back to top Go down
Ebbs
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Ebbs

Number of posts : 1515
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Still, it's not socom. I hate first person.
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

-DeFiNeD wrote:
Still, it's not socom. I hate first person.
its not socom.. its better ive been a socom fan since i first started playing and it was basically the only game i ever played, that and gta.. but this game is better, what it needs to be the ultimate game is, taunts, victory dances, LOBBIES, ability to mute ppl, and vote people, channels for the mics, and clan support, and 3rd person and it would be fuckn perfect. If Slant six can do to socom what Infinity Ward did with COD, then were in for the best socom ever, imagine is Infinity ward was making the next socom.. i wish
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

Number of posts : 4434
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:50 pm

audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
I thought this was an interesting thread at the CharlieOscarDelta site. There is also talk about Confrontation coming out Feb 29.

http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=96406&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Those people dont know what theyre talking about. PS boards have more reliable info. Still its a sick site for COD.
Back to top Go down
https://directeffect.editboard.com
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:43 pm

LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:

Those people dont know what theyre talking about. PS boards have more reliable info. Still its a sick site for COD.
Oh I know, it's just nice to see people having such a strong opinion for a game on an old console over a game on a next-gen console. I agree with the pro-socom posters, CoD4 is a great game but it is definately no Socom. It amazes me that game developers don't play other games or something because I have no idea why no one has taken the concept of Socom as far as the online gameplay and ran with it, adding on to it, making it better, and making it their own. They are either oblivious or too fucking lazy.

I am really curious as to how good/bad Confrontation is going to be. I wonder how much of a hand Zipper has in the quality-control as far as "Confrontation" being a Socom title and keeping all of the attributes of the series. But maybe they won't and that will be a totally positive thing considering all of the BS that has happened with online play in the last few months. If it actually is coming out in March/Feb then maybe I will pass on purchasing CoD4 for the PS3 and wait for Confrontation, but something tells me not to hold my breath, but then again, it's Slant Six.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:18 pm

audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:

Oh I know, it's just nice to see people having such a strong opinion for a game on an old console over a game on a next-gen console. I agree with the pro-socom posters, CoD4 is a great game but it is definately no Socom. It amazes me that game developers don't play other games or something because I have no idea why no one has taken the concept of Socom as far as the online gameplay and ran with it, adding on to it, making it better, and making it their own. They are either oblivious or too fucking lazy.

I am really curious as to how good/bad Confrontation is going to be. I wonder how much of a hand Zipper has in the quality-control as far as "Confrontation" being a Socom title and keeping all of the attributes of the series. But maybe they won't and that will be a totally positive thing considering all of the BS that has happened with online play in the last few months. If it actually is coming out in March/Feb then maybe I will pass on purchasing CoD4 for the PS3 and wait for Confrontation, but something tells me not to hold my breath, but then again, it's Slant Six.

Ya I was thinking the same thing. The basics of Socom are so catchy and a young development team can improve upon it so much. I wish I worked in that industry, developers are so oblivious as to what people want to see.

Audio you spent a grand on the systems whats another 50$ for a game? And I want to play with you Smile that should be incentive enough to buy

Anywho time to study for a final, I love procrastination.
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:36 pm

LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:

Ya I was thinking the same thing. The basics of Socom are so catchy and a young development team can improve upon it so much. I wish I worked in that industry, developers are so oblivious as to what people want to see.

Audio you spent a grand on the systems whats another 50$ for a game? And I want to play with you Smile that should be incentive enough to buy

LOL, still trying to pay for a wedding on top of Christmas. Maybe I'll trade in a bunch of old games. My brother was actually cool enough to buy my PS3 for me anyways. I had bought him every system since the PSone and he was kind enough to repay me by getting me a PS3. I would probably be 100x more pissed at the PS3 if I had bought it myself, especially with Confrontation being pushed back 2 months after I got it.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:53 pm

audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:

LOL, still trying to pay for a wedding on top of Christmas. Maybe I'll trade in a bunch of old games. My brother was actually cool enough to buy my PS3 for me anyways. I had bought him every system since the PSone and he was kind enough to repay me by getting me a PS3. I would probably be 100x more pissed at the PS3 if I had bought it myself, especially with Confrontation being pushed back 2 months after I got it.

Hows the married life going?
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:42 am

LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:

LOL, no complaints, everything is the same, it's just official now. We bought a house together 2 years ago so not much is really going to change, except she thinks the first HDTV we get is going into the living room, I laugh at that knowing it's going in the east wing in the game room.
Wink
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:05 am

audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:
audioSLAVE_1 wrote:

LOL, no complaints, everything is the same, it's just official now. We bought a house together 2 years ago so not much is really going to change, except she thinks the first HDTV we get is going into the living room, I laugh at that knowing it's going in the east wing in the game room.
Wink

Im not sure if youre kidding but you have wings in your house? Audio lives in the White House.
Back to top Go down
CA5HMONEY
CashieMoto
CA5HMONEY

Number of posts : 1823

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:30 am

lol.
Back to top Go down
http://directeffect.tk
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:44 pm

LOL, I was joking, if I had wings in my house I wouldn't have to worry about only getting one HDTV.
I do have a butler though . . .
Back to top Go down
GetFuecked
The "Ima kick you if you don't listen" Leader

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:27 pm

did he get sentenced to be ur butler like seinfeld?
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:43 pm

audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
LOL, I was joking, if I had wings in my house I wouldn't have to worry about only getting one HDTV.
I do have a butler though . . .
mexicans cant be butlers..
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:01 pm

GetFuecked wrote:
did he get sentenced to be ur butler like seinfeld?
No, it's a monkey butler like the Simpsons. He's damn cute in his little coat. I've almost trained him who to throw his shit at, unfortunately as far as butlers go, he doesn't clean it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Socom vs. CoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Socom vs. CoD   Socom vs. CoD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Socom vs. CoD
Page 1 of 1