Direct Effect Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+8
wgpeblade
RePLiCaTe-Ryan
audioSLAVE_1
SPER
LuckyLuciano
GetFuecked
Stephens
NotoriusPenguin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NotoriusPenguin
Lucky's Newest Bitch

Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2007-01-05

SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:29 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/socom-4-its-official/

SOCOM 4: It’s Official!
Posted by Jeremy Dunham // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive
I wanted to drop in and deliver some truly exciting news – on behalf of everyone here at Zipper Interactive, I’m pleased to announce that SOCOM 4 is indeed in development and is slated for release exclusively on PlayStation 3 this fall.

Of course, as with any new announcement, what you really want to know are the details: Who’s in your squad? Where have they been deployed? What kind of threat are they up against? Though we’ll be revealing the answers to all these questions and plenty more throughout 2010, we don’t want to leave you completely in the dark, so what we will tell you is that a militant revolutionary has unexpectedly seized control in an important South Asian country. As the Ops Com, your mission is to command an elite five-man squad charged with stopping his aggressive agenda before it’s too late. In only six days, you must lead your team through a hostile jungle and urban environments against an army of well-armed rebel insurgents that completely outnumber you.
If that setup doesn’t whet your appetite enough, you should also be pleased to know that in addition to the SOCOM’s single-player operation, players will also be able to enjoy a 32-person multiplayer mode that boasts more Special Forces units than ever before!
If you crave even more information, then the guys at IGN have you covered with their exclusive first-look preview at what we’ve shown so far. Editor and shooting game fanatic, Ryan Geddes, dropped by our studio earlier in the week to check out SOCOM 4 for himself, so be sure to read the full IGN article to find out what he thinks.

But wait! There’s more! As part of our continued announcement celebration, the folks at GameTrailers TV will air the world premiere trailer for SOCOM 4 tonight at 12:30 am EST/PST. All you have to do is tune in to Spike TV when the time is right and let your eyes and ears do the rest. Don’t miss it!
Oh, and before we let you go, we wanted to send a message to our SOCOM and MAG fans all over the world. First, if you play MAG and wonder what this means for the game’s future, wonder no more – we’re still fully committed to supporting MAG for a long, long time and the addition of another game in our lineup doesn’t change that. Second, it’s been great to hear from SOCOM fanatics located in every corner of the globe as we led into today’s announcement. We’re extremely excited to be attached to this beloved franchise again and knowing that so many people wanted us to return to something that already meant so much to us has been both inspiring and touching – so thank you to all of you who wanted it to happen! We look forward to living up to your expectations.
Back to top Go down
Stephens
Plastic Surgeon
Stephens

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Finally found my login info for here and was on my way to post this.

So. Fucking. Excited.
Back to top Go down
GetFuecked
The "Ima kick you if you don't listen" Leader

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:43 am

Yea so... that trailer... yea. pathetic.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

Number of posts : 4434
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 am

Sick trailer but not real gameplay. Cant wait!! Screw MAG!!!!!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-socom-4/62664
Back to top Go down
https://directeffect.editboard.com
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

Number of posts : 3279

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Fuck yeah!! Socom4 and its coming out this year!! I think Zipper will come through with something great. Glad to see Slant 6 has no part in it.
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:34 pm

If anyone is going to bring SOCOM back from the dead its zipper. All i want is classic SOCOM, with updated graphics and physics. And maybe some new cool features. Like the instant replay thing I saw that they were thinking about integrating into Confrontation but never did. That would be fuckn awesome to do for S4.
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:37 pm

I also wish they bring back the old SOCOM commercials from back in the S2 days. Those were the shit!! Jester, Jester?
Back to top Go down
GetFuecked

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:01 pm

How can you say fuck mag when yu never even played it? Game is the best since socom 3. no ifs ands or maybes. If it had some type of way to gb itd b better than socom.
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

Number of posts : 1358

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Man, I'm excited but I am so skeptical after Confrontation. Kind of weird that the game is coming out this fall and nothing has been announced until now. I wonder if they will beta test this. I am hoping they are using Confrontation and MAG as learning tools of what works and what doesn't. Also hoping they don't stray too far from what made Socom great just to be different and new, they need to do what Sper mentioned, keep it the same from the S2/S3 days and just update the graphics and sound. I keep hoping they add Socom II to the playstation store like they have for other retro games. It would make a killing.
Back to top Go down
Stephens
Plastic Surgeon
Stephens

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:11 am

If they released Socom II HD I would sell the rest of my games as they would never be played again. There was a six month period where I played that game for 10+ hours a night and I could see myself easily falling back into that with you guys all playing again, too.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:36 pm

GetFuecked wrote:
How can you say fuck mag when yu never even played it? Game is the best since socom 3. no ifs ands or maybes. If it had some type of way to gb itd b better than socom.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Stephens wrote:
If they released Socom II HD I would sell the rest of my games as they would never be played again. There was a six month period where I played that game for 10+ hours a night and I could see myself easily falling back into that with you guys all playing again, too.
Werd, that shit was like crack. I never spent so much time on a video game, I actually skipped work and school a few times because of S2.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Who still has Socom 2? Lets get everyone on in a private match 1 night...
Back to top Go down
NotoriusPenguin
Lucky's Newest Bitch

Number of posts : 1691

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:33 pm

LuckyLuciano wrote:

last i heard the servers for it were taken down, and all i can find is my CA disc which i'm still half tempted to pop in and play here some time
Back to top Go down
RePLiCaTe-Ryan
Radiologist
RePLiCaTe-Ryan

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

NotoriusPenguin wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:

last i heard the servers for it were taken down, and all i can find is my CA disc which i'm still half tempted to pop in and play here some time

Im half tempted to pop a fresh stick of Burts Bees in your ____?
Penguin knows whats up..
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

NotoriusPenguin wrote:
LuckyLuciano wrote:

I believe Socom 2 is still playable online.
Back to top Go down
GetFuecked

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:23 pm

I believe you should stop living in the past and get MAG you slut.
Back to top Go down
wgpeblade
A True Sweetheart

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:39 pm

GetFuecked wrote:
I believe you should stop living in the past and get MAG you slut.
lol gooo big bro u get him
Back to top Go down
FOURM
I am madly in love with Penguin
FOURM

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:00 pm

NICE and I hate you
Back to top Go down
FOURM
I am madly in love with Penguin
FOURM

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:01 pm

FOURM wrote:
NICE and I hate you
PENGUIN
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:26 pm

http://g4tv.com/videos/44675/GDC-2010-Sony-Playstation-GDC-Press-Event/

go to 32:15
gameplay footage

Needless to say I have lost all hope. Looks like a Confrontation and MAG mix...
Back to top Go down
Ebbs
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Ebbs

Number of posts : 1515
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 am

I like what I see so far. Alpha phase of the game lucky, don't be so quick to judge.
Back to top Go down
Etch925
BANNED
Etch925

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-02-05

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:35 am

I still have my SOCOM 2 disc laying around, oh and sorry for not being on lately guys my girlfriend and kids (plus me yay) lol sorry are looking to move and it should be finialized tomorrow, so I will be on more it's just packing all the stuff we have is going to be retarded, but yeah SOCOM 4.....they've let us down since SOCOM 2 in my honest opinion but I've had fun with each game since but nothing has taken my life over since SOCOM 2, Modern Warfare as much as I play that game still has come no where close to how many hours I put into SOCOM 2..... that was long winded wasn't it.?
Back to top Go down
Etch925
BANNED
Etch925

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-02-05

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:45 am

Hate to double post but I just watched some gameplay using the Playstation move controller, and I know that won't be the only way to play but I don't think i'd ever want motion controlled SOCOM......
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:33 pm

SOCOM 4 will feature "Move" technology, (optional) "Move" is sonys answer to the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next