Direct Effect Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+8
wgpeblade
RePLiCaTe-Ryan
audioSLAVE_1
SPER
LuckyLuciano
GetFuecked
Stephens
NotoriusPenguin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stephens
Plastic Surgeon
Stephens

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-06-20

SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Here's the video of just Socom:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-10-sony/62923

Pre-Alpha build, but still, it's pretty clear that they used the same graphical basis as Confrontation. I very much hope they don't put the snap-to-cover system into multiplayer. It works well for Rainbow Six and Uncharted, but I don't want it to invade Socom.

Really glad to hear that Move is optional for this... just doesn't seem to have a place with this game or type of game.

So far, I like what I see. I mean, I liked Confrontation besides the lack of support for it, and it's only going to get better from here considering the game is over six months away.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

Number of posts : 4434
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Ebbs wrote:
I like what I see so far. Alpha phase of the game lucky, don't be so quick to judge.

The actual game engine looks like Confrontation. How many times did we hear its only in alpha, pre beta, beta stage for Confrontation?
Back to top Go down
https://directeffect.editboard.com
NotoriusPenguin
Lucky's Newest Bitch

Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:54 pm

i honestly don't see where everyones seeing confrontation first of all you have to realize its pre alpha, things look like shit in pre alpha and honestly this looks pretty nice for pre alpha another thing is you can't really base anything off of that, the main thing they were doing was demonstrating how "easy" it was for zipper to incorporate the wii shit into a new and up coming game. that honestly showed little gameplay at all where on top of that it was only showing single player which is never even close to multiplayer, have faith zipper's shown they can create some damn good games, let them do some work

and as far the the thing with confrontation that game was just shit, not due to the game itself or the player base it was due to the developer slant six they entirely ruined the socom name their final release was their beta release which is just plain stupid and why that game was a complete failure. just give it time, don't even associate confrontation with this game because quite frankly it was from an entirely different company. go straight off of s3, sca and this game looks and shows great potential
Back to top Go down
FOURM
I am madly in love with Penguin
FOURM

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Penquin I hate you but your right on this one Slant 6 goes from making PSP games to Socom and jacked it up royally I think Zipper realizes this and Socom 4 will be there best offering...and zipper is a quality game designer that listens to forums and posts and addresses accordingly I will buy any game they come out with
Back to top Go down
GetFuecked
The "Ima kick you if you don't listen" Leader

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:34 pm

CAN YOU SAY UNCHARTED? wow!!!!! if there isnt a drastic difference by the time it comes out I won't even buy it. Dissapointment is an understatement.
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:43 am

new video with good ole seth

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-10-socom-4/63020
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

Number of posts : 1358

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:28 pm

It seems like they want to be every game but Socom, airstrikes like MW, main character even looks like Nathan Drake. Rolling Eyes Should be interesting, hopefully the beta is sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
GetFuecked

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:04 pm

WORD TO CHEWBACCA
Back to top Go down
Ebbs
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Ebbs

Number of posts : 1515
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Games evolve, you won't be getting the same thing in S2 as S4. As technology advances so will the game. Airstrikes, Mortars, Turrets, Weapons, all add to the game if properly incorporated. MAG is a great example of this; the game needs tweeks to the balance of the maps and it needs more guns, but it is almost a perfect game. Get third person view and 16 vs 16 squad based gaming on larger maps, and I think you have a great S4.

We all know that no matter what the game is like we will all buy it and play it religiously. Let's not bitch about this game til we get actually multiplayer gameplay and see what the finished product will look like.

P.S.
Lucky, you will have to buy a new PS3 for S4 anyway, so you should crack that Jew ass wallet open and put $300 down for a new one. Then you can play a real game with the few active members of Dr. left.

Oh and Penguin is an official leader now, he turns 21 tomorrow and his nuts will finally drop.
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

Number of posts : 3279

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:21 am

I eat penguin nuts for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
RePLiCaTe-Ryan
Radiologist
RePLiCaTe-Ryan

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:30 am

I agree, looked much like Uncharted 2.. I really hope this game turns out good.
Back to top Go down
NotoriusPenguin
Lucky's Newest Bitch

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:38 pm

zpr_Roper wrote:
Bush_Wacker1 wrote:
So Roper is basically saying that while using a scope you will have to hold one of the shoulder buttons in order to stay in scope very much like Red Dead. While springting you will have to hold one of the shoulder buttons like in Confrontation. I like Cyanide's version better.

-----------------------------

Yes, you currently have to continue to hold down L1 to stay in the scope mode. However, sprinting is currently toggled with R3. If you stop sprinting, you need to click R3 again to start sprinting some more.

While the button layouts are probably pretty close to being final (though certainly nothing is set in stone in that regards as of yet), things like layouts and toggle/hold options could always make their way in. All of that stuff will come from testing and feedback as we get closer to release.

zpr_Roper wrote:
Bush_Wacker1 wrote:

That sounds exactly opposite of what most people will want. I think they would rather hold the sprint button and toggle in and out of scope. Why it's the other way I don't know but it sounds backwards to me.

----------------------

Keep in mind that you toggle between using the scope and zooming in tight over the shoulder to fire, but L1 puts you in whichever mode it is that you last toggled. So you can hold L1, go in tight over the shoulder, tap the toggle button (R3 I think, off-hand) and go into scope mode. Release L1 and you're back to the third-person view. Holding L1 again will take you straight to scope view (assuming the weapon has a scope).

Basically, we didn't want to have two separate aiming buttons, one for bringing the camera in and one for the scope view, so holding L1 puts you into both. What you don't want to do is force people to toggle the zoomed in aiming mode - that needs to be quick in and out, where holding a button works much better as you can just release it and run when you're under fire.

In terms of sprinting, because of button assignments, you currently toggle it with R3. Holding R3 isn't ideal in any manner, so it's a toggle for now.

As I said before, these things can change, and perhaps there will be alternate layouts or toggle options that will put it closer to your liking.

zpr_Roper wrote:
BiG-LUCK wrote:
HTK wrote:
Not sure if you can comment on this Roper

But is "HIP" fire still the primary way to play the game? Or will we have to go into FPS mode to get that kill?
I was thinking the same thing. Good question... after reading those responses.

-----------------------

You'll get plenty of kills from the hip if that's how you want to roll. You basically have the advantage of mobility, but you're not quite as accurate that way. Zooming in (scope or not) provides more accuracy, but you don't move as quickly.

In terms of going OTS and then to the scope, toggling from one to the other defaults it to you next time. So if you're using a sniper rifle, you only need to toggle to it once and then every time you hit L1 after that you'll go straight to the scope.

zpr_Roper wrote:
Oh, and as a follow up to that, I probably get a majority of my MP kills straight from the hip.

zpr_Roper wrote:
psypunk11 wrote:

Roper, any chance of us choosing a default setting for zooming in? Meaning, we can set it up in the setting to automatically go into scope as opposed to OTS, and vice-versa. that way those who use the scope and never use OTS dont have to toggle it at the start of every match, and it gives everyone the option to start with their preferred zoom-in style. BTW, love the idea of holding L1 to zoom in and out of scope as opposed to toggling, that was one of my gripes in Confrontation and im glad that its being addressed, it will allow for very fast gameplay for when needing quickly to zoom in and out and return right away to the battle, and its a very natural feel

------------------------

I'm not sure what option you'll have for this, to be honest. Worst-case scenario is that you'll instinctively hit L1 + R3 really fast at the beginning of each match to switch it over. Come to think of it, L1 + R3 is actually not a bad clan name for a group snipers. =)
Back to top Go down
NotoriusPenguin
Lucky's Newest Bitch

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:41 pm

thats some stuff pulled from the socom forums from one of Zipper's community managers. to me that sounds sweet, basically if you have say a red dot sight or whatever on your gun you can zoom in from the usual 3rd person into a first person view to get those long range kills easier (plus you won't have to double tap up on the d-pad) sounds pretty sweet to me

also multiplayer is mostly "outdoor" maps and there will be victory dances, and its standard view is the old school centered 3rd person view
Back to top Go down
LuckyLuciano
Clan Leader
LuckyLuciano

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:34 pm

sounds good....just wish sprinting wasnt in multiplayer at all
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Top things I wanna see in S4

-Victory dances
-Dedicated servers (and not the shitting slow ones you see in confrontation)
-Ability to make custom ranked rooms like in every other socom
-No ability to chose armor (wont happen)
-50 cals should be 1 shot kills (ie DE.50, Snipers)
-Quick 2 should actually work
-Ability to do the fast prone down and get up (I know its not realistic but it was awesome)
-PMN Mines!!

And a shit load of other thins I cant really think of right now.
Back to top Go down
Ebbs
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Ebbs

Number of posts : 1515
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:54 pm

SPER wrote:
Top things I wanna see in S4

-Victory dances
-Dedicated servers (and not the shitting slow ones you see in confrontation)
-Ability to make custom ranked rooms like in every other socom
-No ability to chose armor (wont happen)
-50 cals should be 1 shot kills (ie DE.50, Snipers)
-Quick 2 should actually work
-Ability to do the fast prone down and get up (I know its not realistic but it was awesome)
-PMN Mines!!

And a shit load of other thins I cant really think of right now.

LIKE!
Back to top Go down
GetFuecked

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:19 pm

haha i remember that lay down get up shit when your getting sniped at. im a fan of it cuz i dont snipe haha. and i agree w all your points. If they do recharging health I will cry.
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:04 am

GetFuecked wrote:
haha i remember that lay down get up shit when your getting sniped at. im a fan of it cuz i dont snipe haha. and i agree w all your points. If they do recharging health I will cry.

Health regeneration would be so gay of them. But it might be cool to be able to have a medic, like there could only be 1 medic per team. And you can only have a medic if your team is larger than 6 players or some shit like that. And the medic would only be able to heal you to 3/4. I think that might be interesting if they integrated it the right way..
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:38 pm

SPER wrote:
GetFuecked wrote:

Health regeneration would be so gay of them. But it might be cool to be able to have a medic, like there could only be 1 medic per team. And you can only have a medic if your team is larger than 6 players or some shit like that. And the medic would only be able to heal you to 3/4. I think that might be interesting if they integrated it the right way..
Nope. That's why the Confrontation sucks, added too much dumb shit or changed stuff that wasn't in the original. You want a medic play Bad Company 2. No offense man.
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:01 pm

audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
SPER wrote:
GetFuecked wrote:

Nope. That's why the Confrontation sucks, added too much dumb shit or changed stuff that wasn't in the original. You want a medic play Bad Company 2. No offense man.
I can think of more than one reason confrontation sucked. In fact I can think of 1½ reasons, but thats besides the point. I just think if they are going to change the game with stupid shit like health regeneration that instead of going that route they could instead do a medic type system. I've never played a shooter with a medic so I thought it might be cool. But that is only if they are thinking of adding health regen. If no than I can care less about medics. Just my 3 cents Suspect
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Man, this game is going to blow. They shouldn't call this game Socom, it's strayed too far from what it was at this point. They might as well get rid of single life rounds too and have respawn only. Rolling Eyes I guess I'll just have to hope they make an HD Socom or Socom II for the Playstation store since I guess I'm too old and ornery and have already written off Navy Seals: Nathan Drake. I hate looking forward to things and have them be so unfulfilling. Toggle scope bullshit, either make it aim down site or leave it alone . . . chrisakes
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Oh, and how can Gamestop give out "exclusive" Abandoned classic map with preorder? If I don't preorder through Gamestop, I wouldn't be able to play that map? Anyone know how that would work? More lameness.
Back to top Go down
SPER
I'm a GENIUS!
SPER

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:08 am

Looks like someone has a case of the mondays.
Back to top Go down
NotoriusPenguin
Lucky's Newest Bitch

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:26 am

audioSLAVE_1 wrote:
Oh, and how can Gamestop give out "exclusive" Abandoned classic map with preorder? If I don't preorder through Gamestop, I wouldn't be able to play that map? Anyone know how that would work? More lameness.

it'll just be an unlock code that you'll punch into the psn store and you'll download abandoned

with MAG they gave out bonus armors from Gamestop, GameCrazy, and someother place

without the code you don't have the map, then again i'd assuume they'll do like MAG and release it all for free 2 months later.
Back to top Go down
audioSLAVE_1
Scientist of Sound
audioSLAVE_1

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:58 am

SPER wrote:
Looks like someone has a case of the mondays.
It's Tuesday now thank God. But your puppets still stroking that ball, what's it been, like 2 years now? The shine on that should be fantastic. It won't stop looking at me, it's eyes have no soul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!   SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOCOM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next